Time is extremely important in the case of a medical emergency. Cousins Properties recommends that all tenants keep first aid kits, including emergency supplies, unlocked and fully stocked in their suites. It is the tenant’s responsibility to make sure that employees are aware of its location and proper use of the supplies.
THE PERSON WHO DISCOVERS THE EMERGENCY SHOULD:
- Dial 911 or the local emergency number.
- Provide the dispatcher with the following information:
- Type of Medical Emergency
- Location of Medical Emergency
- Company Name
- Physical building address [not building name]
- Floor and Suite Number
- Telephone Number
- Listen to the dispatcher for any additional instructions before hanging up.
- Call the Customer Service Center to report the emergency. The property team will open doors, and hold elevators for the paramedics in order to expedite treatment.
NOTE: It is crucial that the injured person is not moved. Try to keep the injured person comfortable without moving, unless a life-threatening hazard exists.